Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Official "Me" Day

Today was all about me. Seriously. I dropped E-beth off at her Tuesday Day Care, shot over to my 28-week OB appointment, and sat there for an hour to take a glucose test. After that, I had lunch with myself at Panera Bread (yum) and then sat and wrote for an hour and a half. Finally. Then I tried on some work-out clothes at Target, got depressed, left the store without so much as a lollipop, and went to pick E-beth up.

I am at that point in pregnancy when the days drag on and my body just hurts. I've got a little less than three more months of it, which make me just so relieved. As I told my OB today, this is my last pregnancy. I don't think I could do it again. To which she replied, "Girlfriend, you nursed your baby for twenty-one months. You can do this." I nodded, but it was mostly to shake the cobwebs from my head.

If I didn't have writing, a supportive husband who at least seems empathetic, and an adorable little girl, I'd be a lot worse off. (Although, in E-beth's case, I might get more napping in.)

Still waiting for my frankincense to arrive. I can't believe how long it's taken--four days already. Geesh! (Forget the part in history where it took at least three months for frankincense to get from the coast of Yemen to Gaza, then another month or more to get to Rome.)

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

You totally deserve a me day! But never ever try on workout clothes when you're pregnant!!!

I am VERY curious about the frankincense.

cindy said...

YAY FOR ME DAYS! i had one too today, instead of the gym. (which really is a me day, too.) i went shopping instead! will blog about it. good luck in this last trimester.

Elise Murphy said...

I keep telling you, you're adorable! No more trying on clothes . . .

Can't wait to read your frankincense blog!

Amber Lough said...

Alas, the frankincense has been "misrouted," so I'll have to wait a few more days until the Post figures it all out. :-(