Monday, May 12, 2008

Writer-at-Work


photo source

So...Elizabeth is down for a nap (I think...she is at least quiet), the laundry is going in the machine, and the house is mildly picked up. What time is it? Time to work on my book!

Last week I had a fantastic idea swell upon me, but, of course, I did nothing but sketch out a few items. I mean, it's hard to write a book, and even harder to write two at once, so I'm putting that one on hold until my Sheba book is well underway. The new idea? It's sci-fi, but more Brave New World than Space Odyssey.

Ok, so she is not asleep. I better go back up there... (When, oh when, will I get my time??)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I now sound like my mother saying,
"Where did the day go? There isn't enough time in the day."
There just isn't. I barter with hubby to get some writing time while he takes the kids, don't ask my batering chip.
It's hard when you have an idea and you get right into it, but are distrupted 100000000 times with requests and questions.
Sweet little ankle biters.

Amber Lough said...

No kidding about that! She never did take a real nap...now I have to wait until she's in bed (on her way now, with daddy), clean up after dinner, and THEN I can work. :-) Such is life!

cindy said...

i hope you have a quiet and productive writing day today! and i'm so envious of you with your ideas. i only get one at a time. =(


and then i've got to write the whole book before i get another!

KA said...

I have a 19 month old. I don't know what I'll do when he gives up his naps, which people tell me could happen any day. I used to get up really early to write when my older boy was that age. I don't know if I'm that ambitious anymore. There's a book I've just ordered called Writer Mama. I hope it has some survival tips.