Friday, October 16, 2009

OPERATION YES contest!

OPERATION YES! Author Sara Lewis Holmes is having a jody-call contest until midnight tonight! Enter or be...chicken.

Here's my entry, for you all to read and snicker at:


I don’t know but I’ve been told
green eggs and ham all smell like mold
I do not like them so I say
Now let me be and run away!

I do not like them here or there
I do not like them, so beware
Green eggs and ham are strange to me
The color’s off and they’re slimy!

Green eggs (and ham!)
Green eggs (and ham!)
Don’t make me eat them
Uncle Sam!

You serve them in the dining hall
To eat, be strong, and grow real tall
Ok, one taste--just go away
Don’t come again another day

Say! (Hey!) Say! (Hey!)
Green eggs and ham are on my tray
And in my mouth and down the hatch
These eggs and ham are quite a catch!

Yum! (Yum!) Yum (Yum!) Green eggs and ham
Please give me more, chef Uncle Sam!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks for entering, Amber! I fixed the Little Green Men pictures, by the way---they really are fun to look at.

Val said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val said...

That's not bad! And there's nothing to snicker at.
Never underestimate the power of a great story:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC-9SCmBOHc