I just can't resist these things:
37 Odd Things About Me
1. Do you like blue cheese?
Yes, but only on really fresh salad.
2. Have you ever smoked?
Yes, about 6 cigarettes. Then I decided I did not like them and never would. Plus, it made me look ridiculous.
3. Do you own a gun?
No. And the one I took with me to Iraq was BROKEN. Can you believe that? I went 4 months there not realizing it didn't work. In the end, I got it fixed, but thankfully never needed it except at target practice. I hated that thing.
4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite?
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
No, I get excited. Lame, I know.
6. What do you think of hot dogs?
They're ok. I feel guilty eating them, though, even the kosher ones.
7. Favorite Christmas movie?
White Christmas. (I love Danny Kaye.)
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Earl Grey with milk and honey.
9. Can you do push ups?
Yes, but last time at the gym I realized my belly is so big now that it hits the ground before I can get all the way down. It made me giggle right in the middle of the class.
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
I have two: a ring Jim gave me with a sapphire stone, and a ring my mom gave me when I had my first baby, with a star-sapphire.
11. Favorite hobby?
12. Do you have A.D.D.?
No. I'm too neurotic for that.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts?
I had PRK eye surgery. (Don't do that--it's more painful than childbirth.)
14. Middle name?
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
I don't like it when Jim reads over my shoulder, we need to buy a washing machine, and I wonder if Elizabeth is asleep yet.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
Water, tea, and lemonade.
17. Current worry?
18. Current hate right now?
Parents who would rather be "cool" than care for their children.
19. Favorite place to be?
On the edge of a mist-covered lake, sipping apple cider.
20. How did you bring in the new year?
Well, don't blame me for the new year coming in--I was asleep when it happened.
21. Where would you like to go?
22. Name three people who will complete this?
23. Do you own slippers?
I think so.
24. What shirt are you wearing?
A white shirt with blue snow-flake looking embroidery. I look like a round snowball.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
That sounds rather sticky.
26. Can you whistle?
27. Favorite color?
Well, now, that changes frequently. Earlier tonight I thought lilac was rather pretty.
28. Would you be a pirate?
Not unless the other choice was to be taken down by one.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Oh, I can sing the whole soundtrack to Sound of Music. But sometimes it's the theme song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, a Wiggles tune, or Elmo's theme.
30. Favorite Girl's Name?
Well, there was this story about an immigrant family who found a beautiful name for their infant daughter in a dictionary: Diarrhea. But really, if this next kid had been a girl, she would have been Penelope.
31. Favorite boy's name?
Not gonna say.
32. What's in your pocket right now?
33. Last thing that made you laugh?
I can't remember, but earlier I laughed because Elizabeth got way too excited over seeing a monkey on TV. And she had to "be" one.
34. What vehicle do you drive?
35. Worst injury you've ever had?
The second time I broke my arm. But healing up from childbirth took a helluva lot longer.
36. Do you love where you live?
I always do. Temporarily.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house?
One. We were going to have none, but one showed up on our doorstep at Christmas.