Sunday, July 13, 2008

Catching Up

I don't know when we'll get the England photos downloaded. Maybe tomorrow?

Elizabeth FINALLY took a nap today, which gave me time to get away and write. We purposefully spent two hours at the pool trying the sun+water=nap formula, and it worked. :-) So while Jim was tinkering with his ever-problematic SVX (a car), I slunk off to Starbucks with my dana and wrote a new scene in my new book. At this rate, I might be done with the first draft in, oh, a year.

But it was fun spilling a bunch of water over a cliff. (The scene.)

The more I dip into Ali's world, the easier it is to jot down the story. Even if the story right now is difficult, and bumpy, and looks more like my first attempt at knitting--going off the straight line and far from perfect. Bah! Perfection is for second drafts!

1 comment:

Angie Frazier said...

Amber, I'm new to your blog, but I wanted to tell you I can identify with your comment about having a story that is bumpy and difficult! I'm there right now with mine. I love adventure too, and your settings sound great!