Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Why I am NOT an Interior Decorator

Apparently I cannot do anything I put my mind to. For instance, I cannot be relied upon to choose complimentary (and sane) colors. It may sound strange, but I thought blue and green would look great in the kitchen. I thought it'd liven things up a bit. My dear husband just went along with it, trusting I had a miraculous plan.

Well, it felt more like a blue cave with slime trim, as you can see in this picture:
After a week of being depressed whenever I thought of the kitchen, we went back to the hardware store and spoke to a painter. He suggested the following color scheme:Much better, don't you think? It took a bit longer than a weekend... Getting the new invisible hinges in took a while, but it makes things smoother. Let's hope we get someone in here during our Open House that thinks the kitchen looks terrific. It looks much nicer than it did when we moved in, at least.

In the mean time, I am spending every waking moment organizing, cleaning, and spiffing up the place. I even have a babysitter scheduled for a few hours tomorrow so I can get the nitty-gritty stuff cleaned up. I am sooo sleepy, but we are going on holiday next week, so I can sleep then. *yawn*

No comments: