Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Good Day for Me!!

I got the call today from an agent. When all's official, I'll let you know who it is.

Funny thing (sorta) was that I was at the library with Elizabeth, so the whole time I was on the phone, I was trying to keep her from running around like a crazy wild thing. She was loud, she spit on a little boy, and she was pulling books off shelves. Thank goodness we were in the children's section.

Update on the teen writing workshop: it's been moved to October 6th. If you're a local teen, and you want to work on your writing talent and meet others with the same vibe, join us!

10 comments:

cindy said...

YAY AMBER! am so happy and excited for you. here's to a quick SALE of rohana!! =DDD

Val said...

Crossing fingers for you.
I wish I were a local teen!

Unknown said...

YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Elise Murphy said...

Whooo-hoooo! Happy Dance. I KNEW IT (do I get a prize for accurate fortune telling???)

When I got "the call" I was out of town and didn't return it for 10 days. When she called back for the real talk . . . my kids pounded on the door, asked for cheese, pushed their bathing suits under the door to be untangled, and decided to make jello.

Said agent was undeterred!

Linda said...

Most excellent! And I'm thrilled those agents call down here in Maryland! Congratulations - can't wait to hear the details... Peace, Linda

Tabitha said...

Congratulations!!! That's fantastic! Looking forward to hearing all the details. :)

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Congratulations Amber! Sheesh I finally made the connection between seeing you at Cindy's and the blueboards. I know I'm slow.

So wait you are in the DC area? I'm in Bethesda! I saw your zoo trip and laughed. I was at the zoo the week before you went and had to stop by the panda too! It was our first time taking the kids to the zoo by metro also! Man that is a long walk! I'm driving next time.

Olugbemisola (Mrs.Pilkington) said...

EEEE! Cognratulations!

Amber Lough said...

Ello and Linda: we should have a Maryland kidlitbloggers meet-up some time. :-)

This week is going to be huge for me: must choose an agent, am moving to a different house 1/2 mile away, and am, well, seven months pregnant. I'll blog about it all soon as I can!

Elise Murphy said...

Who's it going to be? I want to be at least the third or fourth person to know!

Good luck.