Friday, December 21, 2007

Off to Neverland

(I just wanted to say that.) Actually, we're headed to Blacksburg, Virginia tomorrow for Christmas.

I wrote one hundred words today, which makes me laugh. That's all I got done in the twenty minutes Elizabeth slept. I'd have written more if I'd gone straight to it instead of making myself some hot chocolate first.

Some amazing news: she slept for eight hours last night. At 5:20 a.m., Jim went in to make sure she was still alive. She woke up about ten minutes later. I'd much rather have a full-night's sleep and wake up early than wake up at 3 a.m. for an hour. This was the first time I've gotten to sleep six hours in a row for a year and a half. It was heavenly.

I will be writing in the car (Jim's driving), if I have to. Either that, or I'll be reading The Golden Compass out loud so he can finish it before we get there.

No comments: