Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone had a nice, relaxing day--I did!

There are two main reasons I wanted to blog today:

1) Jim and I saw "I am Legend" two nights ago. Actually, I only saw about 2/3 of the movie because I spent so much of it cowering. I actually had to go to the bathroom to remind myself what was real and what was not. It terrified me, and in the end, I was disappointed. It didn't seem to have much in the way of plot. The acting and special effects were very good, though. Still, I was shaking for a long time after the movie was over. I think I actually cried in fear. We should have seen "Enchanted" instead.

I am probably in the minority, though. I bet most people love it and aren't afraid at all.

2) I finished my first draft yesterday...and it was so darn anticlimactic. I was like, "Oh, I finished. I should be jumping for joy." The truth of the matter is that it's not REALLY done. I still have about a month of re-writing before I send it off to the editor. I guess when I print it off, and the major revisions have been made, and I put it in the mail, THEN I should celebrate. And start my next book.

Things I got for Christmas:
1. A body-blanket to wrap myself in while writing.
2. 2 G of memory for my computer.
3. The new Leapoard OS for my Mac.
4. A lap-desk to put my dana on while writing so I don't strain my neck.

All of it was perfect!

I got Jim an RC helicopter. He's currently out in the yard looking for a piece that flew off. (He's crashed it a few times--thank goodness he doesn't fly real helicopters this way.)

Now, we're going to take Elizabeth to see "Alvin" and then if things work out, we're going to see "Enchanted" by ourselves. (We have to make the most of our babysitting time.)

1 comment:

Val said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :-)