Monday, February 26, 2007

My First Submission

Today I didn't work on my novel. Instead, I wrote a short story - and a science-fiction one, at that. I don't think I've written any sci-fi since I was eleven, when I wrote about some aliens wanting our trash in exchange for jewels, a "trash-trade" of sorts. (I know, I know - but I was eleven for goodness-sake!)

Anyway, I wrote up the short story today, went over it a few times, talked about it with the hubby, and decided to print it off. Tomorrow I'm mailing it in, along with a query letter, to Odyssey Magazine. They wanted a short story about colors for their December issue. Hopefully, mine will be the best they get!

Tomorrow I will return to Rohana. The floors have been vacuumed and mopped, the laundry is done (except for diapers), so there shouldn't be anything left to distract me. That is, if Elizabeth cooperates. She's been rather loud the past few days. I think she's teething. Today, when she wasn't upset, she squealed and squealed. It was too cute. :-)

No comments: