Thursday, January 27, 2011

a mood change

You can bet that if I don't post for quite a while, many things are going on. Like, the holidays, spending time with the fam, and writing. But on some days, nothing happens. Nothing is accomplished. And when I've finally gotten the kids to bed and now must face the tornado of laundry/toys/dishes/whatever-that-sticky-stuff-is, you can bet I'm not in the highest of spirits.

Today is one of those days, and I can't figure out why. The house is relatively clean (other than a few piles of laundry to be put away). One child is at school and the other is sitting quietly beside me watching Veggie Tales while I type this. (Ok, now he's playing with the plug to the computer and asking me what I'm doing. The Veggie Tales people need to beef up the enterprise.) I don't know what started this sinking feeling. The book is going well and I should be done soon. Felting is going well, although I have nothing to put on my Etsy store yet. I've been exercising, even.

So what is it? Is it Stay-at-Homeitis? Or Winter?

What I can do is forcibly change my mood. I can tell myself to suck it up and look at the bright side: we have a warm home, the snow is falling down like sifted sugar, and we're all healthy. The rest shouldn't matter.

If I make myself be happy, I will be. If I let myself feel sad, then I will be.

And if I make myself finish my book, I will. ;-)

1 comment:

Jody said...

I've found a nice chai latte helps, too :)