Saturday, November 15, 2008

Waiting

Nothing is going on in my life worth reporting, which is why I haven't posted anything. Just some never-ending pre-labor/early-labor. The baby will come soon, but "soon" is a little ambiguous. It's kind of like having a Baby Bomb in my belly with the timer set to "random."

Last night I made the mistake of thinking I was in real labor and went to the hospital. I will never do that again. It was awful. If I could re-do my prenatal care and planning, I would have set up a homebirth. It would be so much more relaxing to labor here, away from monitors and un-comfy beds and not-so-nice nurses and their hourly cervical checks.

So far, the first pregnancy was so much easier than this one.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

"It's kind of like having a Baby Bomb in my belly with the timer set to "random.""

I love this line.

I went to the hospital WAY too early with the first. With the second, I waited until we were in an "oh crap, gotta go!" situation just to keep the in hospital waiting from happening again.

Am not trying for a third to get it right.

Unknown said...

I was hoping you'd give birth today....it is my first born's bday--13 years old.

Think pushing thoughts:)

Elise Murphy said...

Aw darling . . . hang in there. The good news is the baby WILL come. They always do!

cindy said...

we're rooting for you and pushing mentally for you! =D